Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Photos from Deutchland!

And again, it's been a terribly long time since I've updated this blog. The kidnapping in Rio really affected me far more than I realized at first. There've been a lot of therapists, but now I feel like I've really worked through the trauma and am in a better place. And speaking of better places - I haven't just been moping about and getting liquored up, though I'll admit to a fair bit of that. I've been travelling! Finally, I can truly call myself the Wandering Wombat.

First, I went to Germany! My good friend Laura is such the world traveller. She spent a whole year in Germany once, though it is popularly believed that she had dropped off the face of the planet during that time. For this trip, we visited two of her friends, lovely ladies both of them.

See the pictures here!

(Don't ask about the eartag, by the way. I was still a bit traumatized from Rio and those fashion fads can be so tempting... besides, how many of you wore scrunch socks in the eighties? Neon green leggings? Ha!)

Laura also took me to Vegas with her charming Big Apple buddy Caroline, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of those photos. Guess I need to email her.. It's been a while since we chatted anyway, perhaps I should invite her over for a spot of tea.

No comments: