Saturday, February 10, 2007

Food, glorious food!

Mooching off of my hosts for months finally took its toll on my conscience (and they ran out of ice cream), so last weekend I made my first trip to the grocery store. What a place! Aisles upon aisles of delicious food, a head-spinning array of culinary choices! It's probably a good thing I only had twenty bucks on me.





The carts were fun too - like bumper cars, only without bumpers, and more trunk space. Next time I'll keep a closer eye out for old ladies. They sure seem to get grumpy when you knock into their cart. Or the backs of their knees.







Ben & Jerry's, my favorite! Sweet, delicious ice cream! The nectar of the gods!









Wheee! Hee hee, she almost tried to ring me up. Good thing I didn't get that barcode tattoo Barry was trying to talk me into.






I don't think the checkout girl has ever waited on a wombat before. She seemed a bit nonplussed. All in all, it was a good experience though. What a big place! I can't wait 'til next grocery day!



No comments: