Saturday, March 31, 2007

A more successful shopping trip

I have continued to be consumed by a burning desire to wear clothes, even though the weather is becoming warmer by the day. It must come from living with humans. Having given up on people stores, I went to a place more suited to a bloke of my stature. Yes, the pet store.

They had a surprisingly vast array of clothing choices. I had my eye on a dashing wool peacoat and some delightfully frilly dresses, but the sweaters seemed to fit me the best.



This one wasn't bad, though it did make my torso look a tad overlarge. Still, a reasonably good fit, and I did enjoy the way the blues and greens complimented the dusky chocolate richness of my fur.

Ahh, the pink sweater. Such a darling piece, and so soft. It's a terrible shame it was too long. Wearing it made me feel so pretty and sweet, I almost wanted to dance around the store singing songs from musicals.


Who doesn't love argyle? Don't you think it makes me look intellectual? It wasn't a bad fit, either. This stayed in my shopping cart until I found...



...this, the most fantastic and wonderful of wombat garments! The Little Red Sweater, as I have come to think of it. The color, the collar, the ribbing, the stripe, the obvious high quality of fabrication - everything a wombat could want in a sweater. Next to this, the argyle is just a cheap, pallid, tasteless rag. Oh, Little Red Sweater, joy of my life! There's nothing like finding the perfect garment while on a shopping quest.


At the store, I also met a lovely, sultry lady with a fantastic figure who was just the right size. I was starting to believe in things like fate and love at first sight, until..

... she introduced me to her boyfriend. Alas, my hopes for love with a similarly-sized female were dashed just as they started to take root. Well, at least he was a nice fellow and very friendly, and I ended the day with two new friends who don't make me feel like a pygmy among giants.

No comments: